Episode #30: Listener Q&A: Diet Culture Boundaries & Getting Weighed at the Doctor’s Office
In this episode, we’re answering two listener questions about general boundaries around diet culture talk and specific boundaries at the doctor’s office.
1) “Can you recommend strategies for handling constant diet culture talk at the office, social events, with family, etc.? l literally don’t know a single person who isn’t fully engulfed in this, and many very vocally so, and so if I gracefully excluded myself from every conversation, I’d never be able to talk to anyone ;)”
2) “Do you have strategies for handling doctors weight loss advice and/or an absolute insistence that you get weighed, and handling the guilting and shaming if you manage to refuse?”
We are a listener-supported show (no ads!) so please support us on Patreon for bonus episodes at Patreon.com/fullplate
Patreon is also where we publicly host transcripts for each episode, so if you’re looking for those, head over to our Patreon.
In this episode:
- Loving Lately [1:39]
- Main Course: Q&A – diet culture conversations [10:58]
- Q&A – weight at the doctors [28:24]
- Better with Boundaries [40:36]
For a full transcript of episode #30 of Full Plate Podcast, head over to our Patreon — show notes are publicly shared while bonus episodes require that you become a Patron.